1. I subscribed to Science of Mind magazine; it has daily readings based on the wonderful writings of Ernest Holmes (see my book page) and is small format so I can take it with me everywhere I go if I want. So far: loving it!
2. I made a donation to international Syrian relief efforts while the Canadian government was matching donations, and as the deadline has been extended, plan to make another donation before the end of February: Canada's Response to the Conflict in Syria.
3. I have signed up for an intensive round of acupuncture even though I have to go out of town for the treatments and it is turning out to be well worth the efforts; I have found a fantastic practitioner and have renewed hope of dealing with some of my oldest, most stubborn and chronic pain issues.
4. I signed up for an online Permaculture course
5. I treated myself to a beautiful jigsaw puzzle that my best friend had also purchased, connecting us across the miles, and giving me something colorful to focus on in between things:
I think I can almost say I have felt a shift as a result of these efforts. My newfound freedom from debt brings a cautious realization that although I need to plan for the future, I also have the ability to help others. I am trying to live with intention and purpose, and focus on things I can change, not dwell on things I cannot. I am open to receiving help, and it is arriving in sometimes unexpected ways. It has been a pretty good month. :)