1. I am thankful as always for food alternatives, and at the moment this includes gluten-free waffles and vegetable chips.
2. To date, I have not yet had any success with making my own sauerkraut. However, I found several healthy varieties, along with coconut yogurt, at the lovely Choices Market. If you are not friends with fermented cabbage you might try the variety made with beets :)
3. Dining out is particularly challenging but I think I made a reasonable choice with a donair rice plate.
4. In part due to my waistline issues I was inspired to embark upon a thrift store shopping spree with my best girlfriend, and with her 30% off coupon was able to buy a whole head-to-toe wardrobe refresh for about $100.
5. My partner and I have started a tentative exploration of the unreal Vancouver area real estate market and found an absolute dream property right away - what?!! - but are not quite ready to make offers. It is a challenging process and brings up interesting issues in terms of poverty consciousness vs abundance (never in my life did I think I'd be considering spending this much money). However the "paradise property" made me realize a level of willingness to commit to a goal beyond my typical comfort zone. I came up with some pretty creative ideas, including the possibility of operating a bed and breakfast designed for other HSP's (highly sensitive people) - artists, writers, exhausted people in need of a quiet retreat - and became even more enthusiastic as I brainstormed increasingly creative options for the guest accomodation, including a treehouse; a "glamping" tent; or maybe a gypsy caravan... what do you think? ;)
6. Free Fun: have you made any playlists on Youtube? I am compiling 'the ultimate artsciencespirit' playlist and it is so much fun! I am doing my best on this one to choose only songs that help raise my energy, or just make me feel good (previously I have always been prone to choosing any song that I like, even if they are actually rather depressing). What a great way to remember how much you love music, and how much it can influence your mood.
Did you know? A component of your problems with bloating might be low stomach acid?? Learn more with the Immune System Recovery Plan, or follow The Body Ecology Diet on FB.